community rowing coordinator
Since 2007, Rocking the Boat has provided free community rowing on the Bronx River to the general public throughout the summer from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend. This year, for the first time, the Community Rowing Program will expand to run on both Saturdays and Sundays. Every Saturday and Sunday afternoon from 1-6pm, Rocking the Boat will bring its boats down to the Bronx River waterfront at Hunts Point Riverside Park (HPRP) to offer free rowing to the public. The community Rowing Coordinator (CRC) will develop and lead this program each weekend. The CRC will supervise a staff of up to eight Program Assistants who will assist with the planning and implementation of the program.
- Supervising a staff of up to eight program assistants
- Coordinating and scheduling staff time, including staff breaks.
- Working with the program assistants to set the agenda for each day.
- Planning and implementing additional environmental education activities at the HPRP waterfront, such as
seining, water quality testing, and Sewer in a Suitcase.
- Overseeing the maintenance and organization of program materials and equipment, including all boats.
- Ensuring that Rocking the Boat's established safety protocols are followed.
- Familiarity with Rocking the Boat's Community Rowing Program
- Ability to lead both PAs and the public through high-energy, physically challenging activities on water
- Experience with lesson planning and curriculum development.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in managing staff a plus.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
Rocking the Boat offers:
- This is a part-time seasonal position from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day weekend.
- Seven hours of paid work each day, from 11am-7pm, with a one-hour unpaid lunch break, for a total of 14
- $13 - $15/hour commensurate with experience.
Applicants must be Rocking the Boat alumni with several years of experience working for one of RTB's programs. They must be motivated, in good physical condition, and highly organized. They must demonstrate strong communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
Please email (attachments preferred) cover letters and resumes to Nina Sander at: firstname.lastname@example.org